"Promise me you'll always remember, You are BRAVER than you believe, You are STRONGER than you seem, And you are SMARTER than you think." ~Christopher Robin

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Congratulations - We have DELIVERY!!!

To all who guessed it would be a GIRL (including ourselves)............Joshua Delmer was born March 27th at 6:28 AM at 8lbs. 7 oz. and 19" long - with blonde hair. WOW! It is so fun to have him here and we are super excited to bring him home (hopefully tonight so that I can post some pictures for you all to drool over). I don't want to give all the details, because Becca would love to talk to you all, but her water broke at 2:45 AM (I know this because she woke me up and that's what time the clock said)........so I helped her get situated called Mom in Bountiful and asked why she answered the phone and she said she was just thinking she'd come babysit the kids in Ogden for fun. Anyway @ 4:00 she got here, contractions were steady and not very far inbetween - hard enough with me helping her through them to get our packed bags out the door with a few pillows and a towel. So at 5:00 we left to the hospital - trust me I was trying......I didn't fall back asleep or anything like that. Well, 3 contractions in the 1.5 mile drive to the hospital later and 3 more in the wheelchair before getting checked in to the hospital. 1 more as she was walking over to the bed to determine how far along she was in labor - we found out she was COMPLETE and would have a baby VERY soon. Jill our nurse along with another 7-8 went into action, trying to hold Becca off from pushing before being in the "preferred" delivery room. I was left grabbing bags and turned to find my laboring wife being "wheeled" down the hall and me trying to catch up to the very bed she was in. At 6:01 Becca had just been moved over to the preferred bed in the preferred room and nurses were running everywhere (I really wish this was on video)., trying to finish preparations and now ignoring all pre-admission checklist procedures (in my opinion atleast - they were probably totally fine) and questions except for the absolutely necessary that I answered. Our doctor showed up a few minutes after that, went through a few more contractions and was pushing and wham 6:28 AM- we did not expect to see that our baby was a male, no way shape or form did we believe it. What an awesome surprise, Ben has a little brother to play with now that he is super excited about (he still asked where Lily was when he came to see Mom and Baby Joshua). Oh the fun it is to not find out what you are having until the moment of delivery and realizing you got brainwashed by your own 4 year old son for the past 5 months. Maybe some others will convert to not finding out what you are having until delivery after reading this post as well. We will support you EVERY step of the way. After all is said and done and my rambling we are SOOOOO glad to have him here and he is Perfect (no biased opinions there). Pictures will come later on tonight or tomorrow morning for as soon as we get home.

16 comments:

Shannon Allen said...

I am so excited for you and I'm glad Becca was able to go natural- like she wanted to.

Yeah for Boys!!!


Cant wait to meet him- :)

lindsi said...

I know I already talked to you Bec...but Congrats once again! I guess you really didn't have a choice in going natural or not....love it! And...way to go on the BOY - I totally thought Ben was right also.

The Littlefields said...

I can't wait to see more pictures!!! I am so happy for you guys and that everything went SO WELL!!

Jana Banana said...

Yay, congrats on a healthy baby boy! I will check back soon for pictures :)

Julie said...

Congrats Skippy and Zach!!! I'm so excited for your little addition! And I was right about it being a boy too! I'll give you a call at the end of the week. That will give you time to adjust a bit! Hooray for your little growing family! And way to go on doing it natural!

Angie said...

Congratulations you guys! We are so glad everything went so well. We can't wait to see more pictures and meet him in a few months when we come for a visit! Take care and good luck with all the fun adjustments and recovery!!

Ellingson's said...

Congrats guys! Way exciting! We're glad everything went well & look forward to pictures

Marie said...

Congrats! Cant wait to see pic.

Marcie said...

YAY! Congrats on the BOY!!! He looks like Sarah!!(shape of mouth) can't wait to hear more!!

kate said...

yay! i was way off on the guess. we didn't find out what we were having last time and i agree, it's a blast. congrats, he sounds just wonderful! glad everything went well!

Linetta said...

Yippy! We're sure he's just as cute as the older two! We're happy everything went well...including a hospital delivery instead of home!

Vee said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I've been wondering. I'm glad everything went well. I can't wait to see pictures.

Kelley said...

Hey, Congratulations you guys!!! I'm excited for you, and I can't wait to see pictures. :) (oh, and I think I was the closest on the guesses!)

Amanda Jean said...

congrats! your family is beautiful and I am so happy for you! You are still one of my greatest hero's! I hope all is well.

jenica said...

congrats!!!

xoxo

Tara and Ricky said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations you guys!!! Hope everything is continuing to go well. We are going to be back in Utah for the summer so we will have to come visit! Love you guys!