"Promise me you'll always remember, You are BRAVER than you believe, You are STRONGER than you seem, And you are SMARTER than you think." ~Christopher Robin

Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Benjamin!!!

What a fun day it has been! As I'm typing this, I realize I didn't get a single picture of all the snow! We had 8 inches at least at our house, just today!
Because of my spin out, we don't usually go places when it snows, so we had some fun times inside. We made rockets, colored, read books, watched a movie, played and played some more. Grammy & Oompa brought Solomon & Luke over for some pizza, cake and ice cream.
Out of all we did today and all the gifts he was given, I think his three favorite things were playing with balloons, the shirt Solomon gave him and his new bike...really I'm not sure which one wins. Funny, the simple pleasures!
It is crazy to think back on the last four years! Time sure does fly! I am 37 weeks today and can't believe 4 years ago I was in the hospital holding my first! What a sweet boy Ben is! He has been a blessing in my life in so many ways! I blame it on the fact I'm pregnant, but I sure get teary when I think of him!
Some things about Ben:

He loves to play...anything-imaginative play or basketball.
He wants to be just like his dad, he would do anything with him (b-ball, fix the car, work, paint, lift weights, hunt, read, watch TV, wrestle..etc)
He loves to read, no matter what he is doing, if I sit, open up a book and start reading, he'll come sit next to me and read with me.
He loves primary.
He loves to talk about Jesus and Heavenly Father
He never wants to stop reading the scriptures (it probably helps that we have the picture set)
He loves being a helper, to me, Zach or Sarah.
He is such a good big brother
He is so cute playing with or helping Sarah (when he wants to) :)
He is so excited for this baby and talks about all the time
He is also excited for the 4 other babies that will follow...or is it five? If anyone asks him about the baby in my tummy he says yeah and I have five babies. There is Lily, Joshua, Maya, Becca Rabe, Ben and Bennie. (Becca Rabe is a girl in our ward, so obviously, I disregard her, Ben and Bennie.) He pretty much says this to everyone....with the addition of "isn't Bennie a funny name?!)
He is so ticklish! I can barely poke him and he almost can't stand it! I love it!
He has such a contagious laugh!
He is honest
He always wants to ride bikes or play outside.
He is very inquisitive and often has a comment about everything.
He is just so sweet!
I guess I could go on forever. I love you Ben! Happy Birthday! I LOVE being your mom! How did I get so lucky?


















































6 comments:

Rach said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!! Hope you had a great Birthday!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Ben!! Wow I can't believe that he is 4! It sounds that you guys had a pretty good day! Lots of fun!

Robyn Maughan said...

Happy Birthday Ben! Loved reading about all the things you love about him. Hope the pregnancy continues to go well. I just reach my due date yesterday and Jacob's already been here almost a month! You have such the sweet family and I am way excited for you new addition.

The Littlefields said...

Happy Birthday Ben!! I'm glad that it was a great day.

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Ben! I can't believe he's 4 already. Hope you had a great day.

Linetta said...

Happy Birthday Ben! It sounds like it was a good one!