"Promise me you'll always remember, You are BRAVER than you believe, You are STRONGER than you seem, And you are SMARTER than you think." ~Christopher Robin

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

my little man!


My goodness time is marching on! Our little Joshy man turned THREE in March and I'm just now documenting! Better late, than never. It seems it was that very same day Sarah says to him, "Josh!..and soon you're gonna be four!" They just won't listen to me! I need them to not grow up! It will be just that fast too, I know! There is so much about Josh to love! To name a few: -his smile -his laugh -how ticklish he is! -his undaunted energy and love for all things -I shouldn't, but I love it when he sits on my lap, reads a book and sucks his thumb. (maybe it's the yearning for a baby, I don't want the baby in him to go away!) -his agility is awesome! The things he does amazes me. The other day he was doing the monkey bars at the park. three seems young for monkey bars. :) -he is such a tease. he's always on the look out for an opportunity to play or tease. -when he stops long enough, he is so loving and sweet. The most frequent sweet phrase he says to me is, "you're the best mom ever!" -with a nice tight squeeze. -he is a big helper. he loves to help me with dinner and when he doesn't stick his hands in it or eat a bunch, I love it when he helps me too! -i love that he'll still fall asleep during sacrament meeting. Lately I've just stayed put while he sleeps on my lap. I enjoy some solitude in between our ward and the next one and Zach has taken the other two home. -he loves school and trying to do the things Ben and Sarah get to do...like "math". -i do get a kick out the random things he does. Like a week or so ago, he got into my primary bag and got my church keys out. -of course, he was the first person I asked when I recognized they were missing. Of all the places he put them...in the bag of wheat flower in the pantry. I have NO idea where he comes up with some things! I shouldn't laugh but I do behind his back. -the other day he had an accident at Ben's soccer game. I took him home to change and we were talking about it. I said, "big boys don't pee in their pants". he says, "yeah, they pee on trees". I hadn't mentioned that but its better than in his underwear! Our kids have all had their own personality. I can't get over how unique each one is! I love getting to know them! For his birthday we stayed home and had a fun party of baseball and things he loves. I hope he felt as special as he is! I LOVE this little man!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, he is a cutie! My (almost) 3 year old sucks his fingers while he holds onto his blankie and I still love it! My husband doesn't, but oh well :) Gotta hold on to those precious moments before they grow up!

Zach said...

Love the post Becca, and I LOVE that you are the mother to our kids. Josh is so lucky, as are Sarah & Ben too.